**Please note, this event will be held in Tampa, FL at the Republican National Convention. This event will still take place at the scheduled time from 9:30am-11am.**
The Annenberg Retreat at Sunnylands and The Woodrow Wilson Center cordially invite you to join co-hosts Mel Martinez, former United States Senator from Florida and House Rules Committee Chairman David Dreier (R-CA) for a discussion on policy options for the Future of U.S.-Mexico Relations.
The Annenberg Retreat at Sunnylands and the Wilson Center seized the opportunity provided by simultaneous election years in the United States and Mexico to convene a high-level retreat of preeminent political, business, academic, and media leaders from the two countries in March 2012. From this retreat emerged a fresh set of ideas to take the bilateral partnership to a new level that are put forth in the report, A Stronger Future: Policy Recommendations for U.S.-Mexico Relations. The report includes ideas to enhance regional competitiveness; reform the U.S. immigration system; more effectively fight organized crime and strengthen public security; further educational exchanges; increase energy cooperation; and develop ports of entry that strengthen trade and border security.
Ambassador of Mexico to the United States
Senior Counselor to Speaker of the House John Boehner
- Executive Vice President and Senior Advisor to the Mexico Institute
- President, The Annenberg Retreat at Sunnylands
- Chairman, Florida, Mexico, Central American and the Caribbean for JPMorgan Chase & Co., Chairman, JPMorgan Chase Foundation, former United States Senator from Florida,and former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
- House Rules Committee Chairman, United States Representative for California's 26th congressional district
- Distinguished Diplomat in Residence/Mexico Institute, Advisory Board Member