Ph.D. in History (European and Russian), August 1982, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.; M.A. in Government, May 1975; B.A. in Philosophy, June 1973
- Senior Advisor, National Security Office, Office of the Director, Los Alamos National Laboratory, 2006-present. Providing policy support to Laboratory Director, senior leadership and division programs, administering and conducting analyses for the Laboratory, DOE/NNSA, and other U.S. government agencies, particularly in the areas of arms control, nonproliferation, counterproliferation and counterterrorism.
- Member, Steering Committee, University of California's Institute on Conflict and Cooperation, 2007-present.
- Member, Proliferation Resistance and Physical Protection (PR&PP) Working Group, Gen IV International Forum, 2006-present.
Nuclear weapons; nonproliferation; arms control and disarmament; terrorism; counterterrorism; international security
- "Causes of Terrorism" in Proceedings of a CICA/STR International Conference, Miraflores de la Sierra, Spain, September 27 – 30, 2007, 2008.
- "Nuclear Safeguards and the Security of Nuclear Materials," in Nuclear Safeguards, Security And Nonproliferation: Achieving Security with Technology and Policy, Elsevier, 2008. (Co-author.)
- "Evaluating International Safeguards Systems," in Nuclear Safeguards, Security And Nonproliferation: Achieving Security with Technology and Policy, Elselvier, 2008. (Co-author.)
- Atoms for Peace: A Future after 50 Years? (Woodrow Wilson Center and The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2007)
- NATO and the NPT (NATO Defense College, 2007)
- "The End of the NPT Regime?" International Affairs (2007)