David N. Biette
M.A., International Relations, The Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies; A.B., Bowdoin College; Diplôme de Hautes Études de Lettres et Civilisation, Centre international d'études françaises, Université de Nice (France)
Polar (Arctic and Antarctic) Issues, Canada, NAFTA,U.S.-Canada Relations
Certificate of Merit, International Council for Canadian Studies
Executive director of the Association for Canadian Studies in the United States (ACSUS); political/economic officer, Canadian Consulate General, New York City; lecturer in French, The Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies; teacher, Blair Academy (New Jersey) and Université de Clermont-Ferrand (France).
Polar issues; Canada; U.S.-Canada relations; NAFTA
- Co-author (with Melissa Haussman), "Buy American or Buy Canadian?: Public Procurement Politics and Policy under International Frameworks," in Bruce Doern and Christopher Stoney, eds, How Ottawa Spends (2010).
- "Resolving Disputes: No One Path," in Canada and the United States: Differences that Count (third edition), edited by David M. Thomas and Barbara Boyle Torrey (Broadview Press, 2008)
- "Whatever Happened to Canada?" (book review), Literary Review of Canada 14, no. 5 (June 2006)
- Education and Immigrant Integration in the United States and Canada, co-editor with Philippa Strum (Woodrow Wilson Center, 2005)
- Canada and the United States: Differences That Count (fourth edition), edited by David M. Thomas and David N. Biette. University of Toronto Press, 2014.
“Introduction: Plus ça change?” David M. Thomas (with David N. Biette)
“Reflections on Foreign Policies, Defence Budgets, Borders, and the Current State of the Partnership,” David N. Biette and Alexandra Kuschner
“Conclusion: Plus c'est la même chose? David N. Biette (with David M. Thomas)
Former Director, Polar Initiative & Senior Advisor, Canada Institute