ECSP Report 3: Special Reports
This section highlights the work of various organizations on issues of environmental change and security. This issue includes reports from Ecologic - Centre for International and European Environmental Research, the Master of Science in Foreign Service Program at Georgetown University, and the Natural Heritage Institute.
- NATO/CCMS Pilot Study: Environment and Security in an International Context, State of the Art and Perspectives (Interim Report), by Alexander Carius, Melanie Kemper, Sebastian Oberthür, Detlef Sprinz of ECOLOGIC—Centre for International and European Environmental Research.
- Infectious Disease as a Global Security Threat, by Rohit Burman, Kelly Kirschner and Elissa McCarter.
- Report On Applying Military and Security Assets to Environmental Problems, by Nathan Ruff, Robert Chamberlain and Alexandra Cousteau.
- Water Scarcity in River Basins as a Security Problem, by Sophie Chou, Ross Bezark, and Anne Wilson.
- U.S.-Mexico Case Study on Desertification and Migration, by Michelle Leighton Schwartz and Heather Hanson, The Natural Heritage Institute.
Environmental Change and Security Program
The Environmental Change and Security Program (ECSP) explores the connections between environmental, health, and population dynamics and their links to conflict, human insecurity, and foreign policy. Read more