VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT #WC‐15‐01F
POSITION: Director, Middle East Program
OPENING DATE: 12‐11‐2014
CLOSING DATE: 12‐22‐2014
SALARY: GS‐0101‐15 ($124,995.00 to $157,100.00) LOCATION: WASHINGTON, D.C.
WHO MAY APPLY: All qualified candidates may apply.
Please Note: This is a Federal position in the Excepted Service, with an initial appointment of NTE 2 years, which may be extended.
DUTIES: The incumbent of this position directs the Center’s Middle East Program which addresses a broad range of issues related to the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, including political, social, and economic development; the role of women; the aspirations of the younger generation; democratic and autocratic tendencies in governance; U.S. policy toward the MENA region; and the rise and fall of Islamist groups to help build knowledge and share expertise on U.S. policy towards the Middle East with the U.S. Congress, key policymaking communities, academia and the general public. Most of these efforts take place within the Center itself, but some of the activities take place within the MENA region as workshops, meetings and/or conferences or in other places around the United States and the world.
- Serves as the Wilson Center's chief expert and strategist on matters pertaining to Middle East and North Africa and serves as senior advisor to the executive leadership of the Center on these issues.
- Provides strategic oversight to a high‐impact program designed to improve understanding about the Middle East andNorth Africa region and U.S. policy toward the Middle East.
- Maintains an individual base of research and publications in his/her own area of expertise (Middle East Studies) and represents the Center to outside contacts with funding sources, policy and business leaders, and professional associations.
- Develops and executes a fundraising strategy, primarily based on private donations from individuals, corporations, and organizations.
- Oversees the operations of the Program, including supervising and managing the performance of staff within the Program.
Please review vacancy announcement PDF (above) for a full listing of minimum qualifications, selective factors, quality ranking factors and directions to apply.