Excerpts from recent official statements in which environmental issues are cited in the context of security institutions and national interests, and reviews by experts of new publications.
- Fighting for Survival: Environmental Decline, Social Conflict, and the New Age of Insecurity, by Michael Renner (1996). Reviewed by Peter Stoett.
- Building Bridges: Diplomacy and Regime Formation in the Jordan River Valley, by Randy Deshazo and John W. Sutherlin (1996). Reviewed by Jeffrey K. Sosland.
- The Environmental Trap: The Ganges River Diversion, Bangladeshi Migration and Conflicts in India, by Ashok Swain (1996). Reviewed by Deepa Khosla.
- The Betrayal of Science and Reason: How Anti-Environmental Rhetoric Threatens Our Future, by Paul H. Ehrlich and Anne H. Ehrlich (1996). Reviewed by Stephanie Wolters.
- National Defense and the Environment, by Stephen Dycus (1996). Reviewed by Adam N. Bram.