Podcast (Audio only)
As many as 52,000 unaccompanied minors from Central America have arrived at the U.S. border since October, 2013 with the possibility of another 60,000 arriving before the end of this year. What has motivated children to set out on a perilous journey through Central America’s Northern Triangle, Mexico and ultimately to cross a fortified U.S. border? How are traffickers and criminal groups manipulating Central America’s young and vulnerable population to take extreme risks and entrust their future to them?
Please join us BY PHONE with three experts on the ground in Central America to discuss this developing crisis.
Toll-Free Conference Line: 888-947-9018
Conference Line: 517-308-9006
- Executive Vice President and Senior Advisor to the Mexico Institute
- Independent researcher, Wilson Center collaborator, and expert on Central American criminal networks
- Contributor, The New York Times in Central America and Wilson Center Consultant
- Deputy Director, U.S. Immigration Policy Program, Migration Policy Institute
- Associate Director, Latin American Program