Internships with the Environmental Change and Security Program
Connect With Us
The Environmental Change and Security Program is seeking interns to:
- Write for our award-winning blog, New Security Beat
- Network with leading experts in the environment, development, and security field
- Work closely with the friendly, dynamic “Green Team” at the Wilson Center
Assignments may include:
- Researching and writing stories for New Security Beat and ECSP’s website
- Assisting with events and conferences
- Researching environment, security, development, global health, and demography topics
- Assisting the preparation of publications and/or outreach materials
- Performing administrative assignments in support of ECSP activities
Potential interns should be students, prospective students (within the next year), and/or recent graduates (within the last year) with an interest in, coursework related to, and/or experience working on environmental and human security.
In addition, applicants should:
- Possess strong research, writing, and/or administrative skills
- Be detail-oriented
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a group
ECSP currently offers unpaid internships. We are looking for candidates who are willing to devote at least 21 hours per week, up to a maximum of 35 hours per week. Interns work seven hour days.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Wilson Center has moved to a telework schedule until further notice. At this time, ECSP is currently offering remote internships and interns are not required to be located in Washington, D.C.
The Wilson Center is an equal opportunity employer and follows equal opportunity employment guidelines in the selection of its interns.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample (between two and five pages in length).
Please submit the application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “[Season] [Year] Internship” in the subject line (e.g., “Fall 2020 Internship”).
Due to the high volume of resumes ECSP receives, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.