New Job Opportunity: Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
Apply for the Kennan Institute Deputy Director position by March 7, 2023.
The Kennan Institute is glad to announce a new opportunity for a Deputy Director position. The incumbent will work with the Kennan Institute Director to develop a wide range of initiatives on programming in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and Eurasia. This job will remain open until March 7, 2023.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Independently collaborates and engages with Director with all phases of producing publications.
- Conducts independent and team-based scholarly research and policy analysis on various programmatic initiatives.
- Fundraising and grant reporting duties: identifies funding opportunities and prepares grant applications; coordinates new grants as assigned; and prepares grant reports and other materials requested by funders.
- Provides financial oversight support to Director to include budget preparation and review.
- Leads Program internship program, to include review and selection of applicants and supervision of hired interns.
- Advises on creation of programmatic strategic plan; leads on executing this plan in accordance to established timelines set by the Program Director.
- Oversees all scholars-in-residence (Title VIII, WWC, Public Policy Fellows, George F. Kennan Fellows) and ensures implementation of research and strategic plans.
- Maintains liaison with local, national, and international organizations related to the advancement of Russian, Ukrainian, and Eurasian studies.
- Brings knowledge of current academic, government, and private organizations concerned with post-Soviet studies.
The Wilson Center's Kennan Institute is the premier US national center for advanced research on Russia and Eurasia, co-founded by George F Kennan in 1974. The mission of the Kennan Institute is to build and sustain deep mutual understanding, cooperation, and exchange among intellectual and opinion leaders in the United States, Russia and the surrounding states - a bedrock for regional and global, peace, prosperity and security.
The Kennan Institute is the premier U.S. center for advanced research on Russia and Eurasia and the oldest and largest regional program at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. The Kennan Institute is committed to improving American understanding of Russia, Ukraine, Central Asia, the Caucasus, and the surrounding region though research and exchange. Read more