Monica Baumgarten de Bolle holds a PhD in Economics from the London School of Economics. She is a former IMF Economist (2000-2005), a Professor of Macroeconomics at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (2006-Present), and a Director at the Institute for Economic Policy Studies IEPE/Casa das Garças, a think tank based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2010-2014). As an economist, she has authored a number of books on Brazil’s policy challenges and writes regularly for daily newspapers “O Globo” and “O Estado de São Paulo”. She also contributes economic analyses pieces to the Economist Intelligence Unit.
- Co-author of “A Reforma do Sistema Financeiro Americano: nova arquitetura internacional e o contexto regulatório brasileiro” with Dionisio Dias Carneiro (2010) (“US Financial Reform: The New International Architecture and the Brazilian Regulatory Context”);
- Co-author of “Novos Dilemas da Política Econômica – Ensaios em Homenagem a Dionisio Dias Carneiro” with Edmar Bacha (2011) (“The New Economic Policy Dilemmas – Essays in Honor of Dionisio Dias Carneiro”).
- Co-author of “O Futuro da Indústria no Brasil: A Desindustrialização em Debate” with Edmar Bacha (2013) (“The Future of Brazilian Manufacturing: The De-industrialization Debate”).
- Co-author of "The State of the World Economy: Seminars in Honor of Pedro S. Malan", with Edmar Bacha, Armínio Fraga, Regis Bonelli, and Ilan Goldfajn (2015).
- Over 100 articles published by O Estado de S. Paulo.
- Over 100 articles published by O Globo.