Podcast (Audio only)
President Obama begins a four-day trip to Mexico and Costa Rica on May 2, for his first visit to the region in his second term. Will increasing economic prosperity in Mexico change the direction of conversations away from security issues? How is the relationship between Obama and Mexico’s new president shaping up? Will calls for changes in drug policies among Central American countries lead to changes in U.S. drug policy?
Experts on U.S.-Mexico and U.S.-Central American relations held a conference call to answer media questions. The first 20 minutes of this call were dedicated to questions about Mexico and the latter 20 minutes were dedicated to questions on Central and broader Latin America.
- Director, Latin American Program
- Director, Mexico Institute
- Executive Vice President and Senior Advisor to the Mexico Institute
- Associate Director, Latin American Program, & Senior Advisor, Mexico Institute
- Deputy Director, Mexico Institute