The Director’s office at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington, DC seeks a staff intern who can commit approximately 35 hours per week. The internship would begin on approximately January 7 and run through May 24, 2013. Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Megan Geckle at email@example.com. The deadline for submission is November 15. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note: these opportunities are unpaid internships, and students may arrange to receive academic credit through their university.
- Conduct background research on foreign and domestic policy issues
- Monitor breaking news and assist with synthesizing the news before meetings and events
- Draft office correspondences
- Assist with scheduling and general office duties as assigned
- Current student, recent graduate or accepted into an advance degree program
- Able to keep up in a fast-paced, demanding office environment
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to utilize Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Specialized knowledge of the Middle East, preferred but not required
- International students are eligible, but must have a valid F-1 or J-1 visa and a work authorization letter and/or I-20 form
The Wilson Center is an equal opportunity employer and follows equal opportunity employment guidelines in the selection of its interns.