Dr. Fardella is Tenured Associate Professor at the History Department of Peking University (PKU) and Director of PKU’s Center for Mediterranean Area Studies (CMAS, 北京大学地中海区域研究中心). In this capacity he jointly works with TOChina Hub as director of the ChinaMed Project and Area Director of the ChinaMed Business Program. He is Global Fellow of Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington D.C., Research Scholar at the Machiavelli Center for Cold War Studies, member of the Academic Committee at Pangoal Institution in Beijing and Fellow of the Science & Technology China Program of the European Commission. Enrico is also managing editor of OrizzonteCina monthly review focusing on China’s relations with Europe and the greater Mediterranean region. His fields of interests are: Chinese foreign policy; Sino-European relations; China's role in the Mediterranean; the Belt and Road Initiative; History of international relations; History of contemporary China.
- Enrico Fardella, "A Significant Periphery of the Cold War: Italy-China Bilateral Relations, 1949-1989," Cold War History (2016).
- Enrico Fardella, Christian F. Ostermann, and Charles Kraus, eds., Sino-European Relations during the Cold War and the Rise of a Multipolar World (Washington, DC: Woodrow Wilson Center, 2015).
- Enrico Fardella, "Mao Zedong and the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis," Cold War History 15, no. 1 (2015): 73-88.
- Enrico Fardella, "The Normalization of Relations between Italy and the People's Republic of China," in Maurizio Marinelli and Giovanni Andornino (eds), Italy’s Encounters with Modern China: Imperial Dreams, Strategic Ambitions (Palgrave Macmillan, 2013).
- Enrico Fardella, “The Sino-American Normalization: A Reassessment,” Diplomatic History 33, no. 4 (September 2009) 545-578.
- Enrico Fardella, "The Sino-American Entente of 1978-9 and Its 'Baptism of Fire' in Indochina," in Max Guderzo and Bruna Bagnato (eds), The Globalisation of the Cold War: Diplomacy and Local Confrontation, 1975-85 (London: Routledge, 2009): 154-165.
- Enrico Fardella, Mao Zedong (Milano: Mondadori, 2004) (Italian) (subsequently translated and published also in Spanish, Dutch and Greek).
ECNU-WWICS Cold War Studies Initiative Scholar "The Relationship between Europe and People’s Republic of China during the Cold War (1969-1979)” Jan 13, 2013 - Mar 31, 2013